Monday, January 21, 2008

Discovering Your Creative Soul


Let’s start by talking about creativity and what my definition of creative is. Creativity is the act of making something new. We all, by definition are creative as our bodies are constantly creating new cells.

When I think something is creative, it is a judgment call. It usually comes out of my internal thought of . . . “I wish I’d thought of that.”

I know that when people tell me that I am so creative, what they are really saying is I wish I could do that.

And why can’t you? Keep in mind that some of the greatest artist of all time have copied each other’s works; sometimes rather blatantly. After all, imitation is the greatest form of flattery.


This is the point where you tell me that you can’t draw or paint and I’m here to tell you that you can do anything you put your mind to. I’ve seen some amazing works of art that were nothing more than torn paper and glue.


So, the next time you think something is creative, steal the idea and make it your own. The act of making it your own will happen without you even trying because you are unique and your soul will shine through. As you begin to explore your “creative” soul, you will discover that you will have your own creative ideas and will attract others to you that are just as creative.

You will also discover that you can create more than something just beautiful to look at; you can create your life as you are creativity personified.