Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Paper Necklace (Design Team Submission)


For this project, I used a tag from the Graphic 45 Steampunk Debutante Collection. To protect the back of the paper, I used Sakura Craft 3D Crystal Lacquer to glue the image to a piece of plastic from a clam shell packaging. I cut around the plastic once the glue was dry and repunched the hole.

I then covered the front of the image in a thick layer of 3D Crystal Lacquer. The cool thing about this product is how well it stays in place. Again, it had to dry - I recommend overnight.

I looped black cord through the tag and created slip knots, so that it can be easily adjusted.

Of course, I wouldn't recommend taking this piece in the shower - actually, I don't recommend it for any jewelry; however, it will hold up to normal wear and tear of being used as a unique accessory.

For more fun, creative projects using the 3D Crystal Lacquer, check out the Crystal Lacquer Blog.

Keep on creating!

Heather Morrow
Creative Souls

No comments: